- to understand your needs and eligibility for products and services
- to make and secure travel reservations and other travel-related services
- to issue transportation documents, vouchers and ID cards
- to provide travel suppliers with information to complete the necessary purchasing arrangements for a wide array of travel and tourism products.
- Compile statistics and conduct market research
- Distribute promotional materials
- Distribute publications that have been subscribed to
- Audit and compliance with the law
Please note that all airlines are required by new security laws in the US and other countries to give security, customs, and immigration authorities access to passenger data. Accordingly any information we hold about you and your travel arrangements may be disclosed to the concerning authorities of these countries in your itinerary. The data will only be used for security purposes.
Examples of the type of personal information we collect for those purposes include the following: name, address, telephone, age, credit card information, passport or visa information, Social Insurance Number, web site cookies, and similar personal information necessary to properly identify our clients and their entitlement to the services we arrange. We also collect personal information from our employees and contractors to assure our proper compliance with employment laws, remuneration, tax payments, and other employee/contractor functions.
Protecting personal information:
Beach Bum Tribe Adventures understands the importance of protecting your personal information in its possession or custody, including personal information that has been transferred to, or received from, a third party in the course of commercial activities for processing or other purposes for which you have consented. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is anonymized or encrypted.
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us or acknowledge that the abide by PIPEDA.
Retention and destruction of personal information:
We need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies. However, we do not want to keep personal information too long in order to protect your privacy. We keep our client files for about 2 years. Our client and contact directories are much more difficult to systematically destroy, so we remove such information when we can if it does not appear that we will be contacting you again. However, if you ask, we will remove such contact information right away. We keep any personal information relating to our general correspondence with people who are not our clients, newsletters, seminars and marketing activities for about 6 months after the newsletter, seminar or marketing activity is over. We destroy paper files containing personal information by shredding. We destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, we ensure that the hard drive is physically destroyed. Alternatively, we may send some or all of the client file to our client.
You can look at your information:
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. Often all you have to do is ask. We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., various industry forms, technical language, etc.).
We will need to confirm your identity, if we do not know you, before providing you with this access. We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests. If there is a problem, we may ask you to put your request in writing. If we cannot give you access, we will tell you within 30 days if at all possible and tell you the reason, as best we can, as to why we cannot give you access. If you believe there is a mistake in the information, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected. This applies to factual information and not to any professional opinions we may have formed. We may ask you to provide documentation that our files are wrong.